Ricky Martin is combating a brand new spherical of “wildly offensive” sexual assault claims — much less than per week after he filed a $20 million lawsuit over preceding accusations from his nephew.
The new grievance became filed Friday at a police precinct in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Even though the call of the person who waged the allegations was now not indexed, the related Press said that it was Martin’s nephew, Dennis Yadiel Sánchez, who made the filing.
“these claims are wildly offensive and completely untethered from reality,” Martin’s legal professional José Andréu-Fuentes said in a assertion to closing date. “while this guy formerly made comparable allegations, his criminal case needed to be withdrawn — now not least due to the fact he himself admitted below oath that Ricky Martin had never assaulted him in any manner.”
The Latin pop icon filed his suit in opposition to Sánchez Sept. 7, claiming his nephew’s accusations of incest and sexual abuse had been an try to “assassinate” the singer’s recognition, consistent with court docket docs obtained by means of The put up.
The lawsuit — which claims Sánchez’s allegations cost Martin as a minimum $10 million really worth of canceled contracts and initiatives, plus any other $20 million in damages to his recognition —came after the 50-12 months-vintage pop megastar changed into slapped with accusations that he changed into romantically concerned with Sanchez, and allegedly confused the younger guy after their courting ended.
In July, Martin’s 21-yr-old nephew claimed he become a sufferer of domestic abuse and unlawful incest on the palms of Martin, and turned into granted a restraining order in opposition to the “Livin’ la Vida Loca” singer.
On the time, Martin’s legal professional denied the “disgusting” and “untrue” accusations, saying the accuser has “intellectual health challenges.” in the end, the case in opposition to Martin become dropped, but in keeping with the trendy criminal movement taken by using Martin, Sanchez hasn’t stopped there.
He claimed one month after Sanchez withdrew the restraining order, that he bombarded Martin with messages via social media, and vowed to “assassinate his reputation and integrity” if Martin didn’t cough up a few hush cash.
Sanchez once boasted approximately being Martin’s nephew, the lawsuit alleges — this is, before he made claims of incest and home violence. Inside the office work, Martin said he received an onslaught of direct messages for four months, every now and then getting greater than 10 in an afternoon.
The messages, in keeping with Martin, have been despatched by means of a “maladjusted character,” who additionally leaked the singer’s cellphone number on Instagram and created parody accounts for considered one of Martin’s kids.
Due to Sanchez’s allegations, Martin — who is presently filming the upcoming Apple television+ collection “Mrs. American Pie” with Laura Dern, Kristen Wiig, Allison Janney and Kaia Gerber — claims to have misplaced multimillion-dollar deals, and now seeks $20 million as reimbursement for the damages, in addition to leaving the singer feeling “dangerous” in Puerto Rico.
Martin has been vocal approximately how “painful” the claims towards him had been, calling them “devastating” for him and his cherished ones.
“it’s been so painful. It has been devastating for me, for my own family, for my buddies, and i wouldn’t desire this upon absolutely everyone,” Martin said ultimate month. “To the person who changed into claiming this nonsense, I want him the excellent and that i wish he finds the help so he can start a new life full of love and reality and pleasure, and he doesn’t harm every body else.”
Martin is meanwhile weathering every other $3 million lawsuit delivered by using his former supervisor, Rebecca Drucker, in July, who alleges she is owed unpaid commissions. Her in shape furthermore hinted at a “probably profession-ending allegation” happening in September 2020, even though Martin “emerged unscathed and proceeded together with his professional resurgence.”